- African Wildlife Tours
- African Luxury Tours
- African Tours and Safaris - Best Packages
- Best of Tanzania Safari Tours - Top Destination
- Most Popular Tours
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located 180 km west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands area of Tanzania. The jewel in Ngorongoro’s crown is a deep, volcanic crater, the largest un flooded and unbroken caldera in the world. Lake Manyara National Park is one of Tanzania’s smaller parks. During the rains, the lake hosts millions of flamingos and other birdlife.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Early Morning|
Day 1: Arusha to Ngorongoro crater
Pick up from your hotel after breakfast and drive to Ngorongoro for 170km 3-4 hours and proceed to Ngorongoro for the crater tour. We have a cozy picnic at the crater. We then spend the rest of the day for a game drive to see some 20,000 mammals living there including about 20 black rhinoceros, making the crater the best place in Tanzania to see rhinos. The crater floor also has one of the highest carnivore densities in the world. Lions, cheetahs, hyenas and jackals are commonly seen, while leopards, servals and bat-eared foxes may be seen with some luck.
- Main destination: Ngorongoro Crater
- Accommodation: Endoro Lodge Luxury lodge located outside Ngorongoro
- Meals & drinks: All meals include drinking water (Other drinks not included)
Day 2: Lake Manyara National Park- Arusha
After breakfast with picnic lunch, we drive to Lake Manyara National Park. Manyara provides the perfect introduction to Tanzania’s birdlife. More than 400 species have been recorded, and even a first-time visitor to Africa might reasonably expect to observe 100 of these in one day. Inland of the floodplain, a narrow belt of acacia woodland is the favored haunt of Manyara’s legendary tree-climbing lions
Late afternoon, we drive back to Arusha and drop you off to your hotel.
- Main destination: Arusha
- Accommodation: End of tour (no accommodation)
- Meals & drinks: All meals included drinking water (Other drinks not included)
End of tour
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for extra cost.
- You’ll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).