Tanzania Safari Pack List
This packing list is just a recommended guideline for your reference. Everything is optional for you to choose from. Note that extra luggage can be left at your hotel or our office. It is good to leave all unnecessary valuables and jewellery at home.
Your clothing should be lightweight, breathable, hand-washable, and quick-drying, preferably moisture-wicking and non-cotton.
- Long pants (zip-off pants are very useful)
- Shorts, mid-thigh or longer
- Short-sleeved shirts
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Sweater, jacket, windbreaker
- Rain jacket
- Sun hat with brim and chin strap
- Swimsuit (optional)
Your daily activities may get your shoes dirty or muddy. Streets can be uneven. Light sandals are not good for daily tours and hikes, but they are nice for relaxing at your hotel.
- Sturdy, comfortable walking shoes, closed toe, preferably waterproof
- Comfortable, breathable socks
- Suitcase or duffel (check weight restrictions for internal flights)
- Day pack for daily activities and easy access (rain cover is good)
- Money belt
- Electricity converter/adapter, bellow is how many sockets will look like, it will be great if you can carry a multi plug with you.
You really only need one first aid kit in your travel group, so coordinate with your travel companions, use it to put Prescription drugs, Malaria pills (if necessary), pain killer tab, mosquito repellant and any medicine you think it is important for you to take.
You need to have the bellow documents all the time for identification purposes or emergency
- Passport (make sure it is valid 6 months after your trip)
- Airline tickets, e-tickets (make sure name on ticket matches name on passport)
- Copy of travel itinerary
- Medical insurance card
- Make copies of passport, visas, drivers license, airline tickets/schedule, travel itinerary, credit cards (front and back), travelers checks’ numbers, frequent flyer numbers, travel insurance, and emergency contact information. Leave a copy with someone at home and put a copy in a travel companion’s luggage
- Yellow fever certificate and vaccination records if needed.
- Talk to your bank about your trip so that to be sure that you can use your credit card abroad